16 May 2018
Who are we?
We are Every Family Finance a part of Forces Family Finance Ltd which is an appointed representative of New Leaf Distribution Ltd.
We exist to provide support to the military community (serving, veteran and their families) in home ownership, financial security and peace of mind via our services and advice.
Our registered office is Fort Horsted Business Park, Primrose Close, Chatham, Kent, ME4 6HZ.
Our Principal firm is New Leaf Distribution Ltd. They supervise and are responsible for the advice our firm provides.
New leaf Distribution Ltd is registered under the Companies Acts (Reg. 05520001).
Their registered office is First Floor, Princess Caroline House,1 High Street, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS1 1JE.
What is this privacy statement about?
To supply our customers with our services we need to use information about you, and some of that may be personal or private. For example we may need to know your name and address, details of how you would like to be contacted (e.g. your mobile phone number), or how you would like to pay for the services we provide you.
As we do this, we’d like you to take some time to read this privacy statement. It will explain what information we might collect about you, why we collect it, what we may use it for, and who we may give it to. We’ll also explain your rights towards your information and how we look after it while we have it.
What Information do we collect about you?
The information we collect about you may vary based on what service we provide to you.
Typically, we need details like:
- Your name and address so we know who you are and what services you need from us
- Your contact details like phone number or email so that we can keep in touch with you about our services.
- Your bank account or other financial details so we can manage your payment for our services.
If you are receiving some financial services advice, we will need to know more information about your current position. This might include information regarding:
- Your employment information
Your assets and liabilities
Some financial services products may require us to collect information about your health and lifestyle.
We only collect information about you that we need to make sure you get the best service from us. We respect your privacy and we try to minimise what we do collect.
How do we collect information about you?
We prefer to collect the information we need directly from you. That way, you know what we have, and we can be sure you’ve provided us with the most accurate and up to date information.
We will usually do this:
• When we complete our fact find and discussion document.
• When you contact us for any reason.
• If you complete an online form.
• If you interact with us through the client portal.
• If you complete a survey.
• When completing application forms.
What do we do with the information we collect about you?
We use your information in various ways, such as to:
- Meet the purposes that you provided your information for.
- Provide you with the services you want.
- Let you know about goods or services we feel would be beneficial to you.
- Preventing fraud, money laundering and financial crime.
- To confirm your identity.
- Credit scoring and assessment, and credit management (where applicable).
- Keep our records accurate and up to date.
- Comply with any legal or regulatory obligations we may have.
Who do we share your information with?
We appreciate that you have provided your information to us and may not want us to share it with other people or organisations, however sometimes it is necessary for us to do so.
We only share your information where we are permitted or required to by law, or where you have requested us to do so. We may share your information with, for example:
- Any of your family, associates, or someone who represents you, where you have asked us to do so.
- Our employees who provide you with our services.
- Carefully selected organisations and specialists to help us provide you with our services.
- Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies in order to help prevent and detect fraud.
- Any person, organisation or regulator where we are required to because of a court order, regulatory responsibility, legal duty or statutory obligation.
We are careful to minimise such sharing.
Although we are a UK company, we may sometimes share your information with an organisation who is outside the UK. Such companies may also be outside of Europe. We may do this, but we will only do so where we are permitted to by law.
Whenever we share your information we do everything we can to make sure it is protected from misuse or loss.
How do we look after and secure your information?
When we use information about you we take all reasonable efforts to do so fairly and lawfully.
We think it likely that our customers know we use information about them, and we provide notices of such wherever we can.
We never use information about you unless it is lawful for us to do so and we have a clearly defined need or purpose.
When we collect information about you we ensure that we minimise what we collect. We try not to keep your information for longer than we need it and we ensure that the records we have about you are managed properly and deleted promptly and securely when we no longer need them.
We make every effort to ensure your rights towards your information, which we detail below.
We take appropriate care to secure the information we hold about you. We have robust technical security such as passwords and information encryption. We also have policies and procedures to ensure your information is only available to our employees who need to see it to do their job, and we train those employees appropriately.
Also, we establish robust procedures and contracts to extend these protections to any other person or organisation we may need to give your information to. In everything we do with your information we try to be fair, lawful, and open, and we take seriously our obligations towards your privacy and the protection of information we may hold about you.
What are ‘Cookies’ and how does Every Family Finance use them?
We currently use ‘cookies’ on the Forces Family Finance website.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your Web browser. On visiting the Web Site, your computer server will use the cookie to guarantee a secure connection. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of this Web Site.